ABOUT SEA MOSS
Sea Moss is a species of algae that provides 92 out of the 102 essential nutrients and minerals like: iron, B-vitamins, protein, iodine, zinc, calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, vitamin C and many more. It is a mineral-rich, alkaline food source that can help the body to improve the pH balance, hydrate & heal on many levels.
There are actually 3 well known types of sea moss- purple Chondrus Crispus usually referred to as "Irish Moss,” Golden Gracilaria & Eucheuma Cottonii. Eucheuma Cottonii is grown in warm climates most notably around Jamaica and St. Lucia. It is highly available and comes with high nutritional content. All of our sea moss is Eucheuma Cottonii and sourced directly from the pristine waters of St. Lucia.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Sea moss is packed with nutrients which makes its benefits expansive and far reaching. Below you can find the most common benefits of sea moss:
Major nutritional and energy boost
Excellent for aiding in thyroid function
Boost metabolism & helps manage weight
- Acts as an appetite suppressant
Antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral and anticoagulant properties
Lessen symptoms of cold & flu
Aids in respiratory health
- Enhances hair growth & promotes glowing skin
Libido Boost for Both Women and Men (acts as a slight aphrodisiac and aid for impotence.)
Skin Restorative (can help heal wounds and soothe skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and burns.)
Reported to ease gastritis, nausea, Indigestion, constipation, and the pain and symptoms of ulcers.
Clears out excessive mucus and phlegm that builds within the body
Alleviates inflammation of the nasal passages
Great for re-hydrating the body (in general & after excessive alcohol use.)
Eases sore throat & dry cough (may be especially effective for any pulmonary problems.)
May ease respiratory problems such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Assists in muscle recovery after workouts
- Reduces joint pain and inflammation
HOW CAN I USE SEA MOSS?
There are countless ways to nourish & care for your body with sea moss gel! Boost your daily nutrition by adding it into what you already eat or drink! We actually take a spoonful straight from the jar! Many of our customers blend into to smoothies or shakes. Others let it melt into soups, teas, stews, and coffee. The more experienced sea moss extraordinaries like to incorporate into sauces, dressings, & other food dishes. You can apply our face and body mask topically to give your skin or hair immediate and refreshing nourishment.
HOW CAN I MAKE MY OWN SEA MOSS?
1. Rinse a handful of sea moss well under cool water and place it in a container with just enough spring or alkaline water to cover. Soak for at least there hours.
Tip: To neutralize the taste, squeeze the juice of fresh key limes (or limes) over the sea moss while soaking.
2. Remove the sea moss from soaking water and rinse again. Place it in a blender with just enough fresh water to cover it, then blend until it makes a smooth paste. Your sea moss is now ready to be used in your favorite smoothies, teas, desserts, or even face masks!
3. Store in a clean glass jar and refrigerate for up to three-four weeks.
Here’s a video for a more in depth look at the benefits of sea moss!